Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Algonquin Park


Algonquin Park
Originally uploaded by Chasing Light Studio ~ Pie's Photography

After lunch was cleaned up & the fire out I decided to go out & stretch my muscles for an afternoon day trip – I was planning to paddle to Castor Oil Chute in the North York River. It was 2:30 when I left camp – a lot later then I was hoping for, but I thought I could make there in back with little trouble before dark. I did, but just. I ended up missing the fork in the river on the way in, so when I turned around the day was getting on, about 4:30. On the way out I spotted the current of the fork in the river through some reeds & decided to push for it to hopefully get some images. I’m glad I did, it was really worth it. The chute wasn’t very big, but the paddle in was beautiful & peaceful.
I had only taken half dozen shots when it began to rain. I took this as my cue & raced back to Tasha & the waiting canoe & began my long paddle back to base camp. Tasha & I were thoroughly soaked by the time we reached camp. I still had to get a fire going & make dinner – but I tell you one thing, dinner never tasted so goooood!

No comments: